Seeing stone helpers:
- Stones may look like an animal or symbol.
- They may have a color that speaks to you.
- You may notice an aura around them.
- Stones with a natural hole in them are thought to be good for divination or dreaming.
Hearing stone helpers:
- Stones have powerful voices and messages.
- Sometimes quartz crystals are the easiest to hear when you’re beginning.
- Stones out in nature can be even more powerful. If you feel or hear a very clear message someplace out in nature, it may be not just be the place. There may be also a special stone that is communicating to you.
Feeling the energy of stone helpers:
- You may also be called to a special stone by how you feel.
- You can hold the stone in your hands to begin to communicate with it or after cleansing it, you may want to put it close to your navel.
- In the Andean and Mayan traditions, a stone guide may reveal itself to you this way.
Go to a boundary stream and with closed eyes, take from the water three stones between middle finger and thumb, saying these words as each is gathered:
I will lift the stone
As Mary lifted it for her Son,
For substance, virtue, and strength;
May this stone be in my hand
Till I reach my journey’s end.
Togaidh mise chlach,
Mar a thog Moire da Mac,
Air bhrï¿½gh, air bhuaidh, ‘s air neart;
Gun robh a chlachsa am dhï¿½rn,
Gus an ruig mi mo cheann uidhe.
Carry them home carefully and place them under your pillow. That night, ask for a dream that will give you guidance or a solution to a problem, and the stones will bring it for you.
If you enjoy this practice, you are welcome to join us at Shamanic Earth Medicine, a community of of shamanic dreamers, practitioners, changemakers, and earth healers.